freetds - RE: [freetds] output parameters and "unknown marker"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paparo, Joshua" <Joshua.Paparo AT bankofamerica.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] output parameters and "unknown marker"
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:22:10 -0000

Here it is.

create procedure pdtGetDealRevalDates
@dealid ObjectID,
@pricingDate Date,
@last Date output,
@prev Date output
as
begin
select @last = max(RevalDate) from DealValueRecorder where
RevalDate < @pricingDate
select @prev = max(RevalDate) from DealValueRecorder where
RevalDate < @last
end

GO

Il giorno gio, 06-01-2005 alle 12:00 -0500, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]
didn't know there was a difference in the AC(param) token between these
two versions but there does appear to be...

http://www.freetds.org/tds.html#responses:

> Return Status:
> 79 00 00 00 00
> (zero)
>

> Output Parameter 1:
> ac 1100 05 4000 6c00 6100 7300 7400 01 3d 00 00 00 3d 00
> (5-char name) (5 bytes unk.) ^^ length?
>

> Output Parameter 2:
> ac 1100 05 4000 7000 7200 6500 7600 01 3d 00 00 00 3d 00
> (5-char name) (5 bytes unk.) ^^ length?
>
> Process Done:
> fe 0000 e000 01000000
> (no more results, row count not valid)
>
> I imagine the "unknown" bytes are collation data.

No unknown should be

01 flags
3d 00 00 00 usertype
3d type

Usually under mssql bit 0 on status means nullable. It seems that in
some condition mssql return for nullable datetime using not nullable
type and nullable flag. As you can see parameter in input are passed
using not nullable type, perhaps this cause the problem.

Declaration of pdtGetDealRevalDates would help.

Notice to recipient:
The information in this internet e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and may be privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended addressee please notify the sender immediately by telephone.
and may be unlawful.

When addressed to external clients any opinions or advice contained in this
internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any
applicable governing terms of business or client engagement letter issued by
the pertinent Bank of America group entity.

If this email originates from the U.K. please note that Bank of America,
N.A., London Branch, Banc of America Securities Limited and Banc of America
Futures Incorporated are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.