freetds - Re: [freetds] Inserting data into tables[Ce message a ete verifie]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Inserting data into tables[Ce message a ete verifie]
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:51:15 -0500

"Pascal Miquet" <p.miquet AT hafiba.fr> wrote:
> Sorry, but this is the only things I got into the freeTDS log.
> Is there any options to activate ?

Oh, I see. I'm sorry too, then. I thought you sent a small portion of
the log to preserve your data's privacy.

I think you probably want to set "dump file append = yes" in freetds.conf.
Otherwise, each *connection* to the database re-opens the log file. On a
web server in particular, this causes a lot of information to be lost as
concurrent sessions overwrite the log. (It's something we'd like to fix,
but haven't yet.)

A good log will begin something like:

Starting log file for FreeTDS 0.63.dev.20040430
on 2004-05-01 13:31:41 with debug level 99.

Beware that the above setting will make your log grow indefinitely.

HTH.

--jkl