freetds - RE: [freetds] problem with sqlrelay

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] problem with sqlrelay
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:10:54 -0000

Murthy,

This error message is returned when you have issued some form of SQL
command or query and have not fully processed the results of that
command before issuing a second command.

The solution to this rather depends on waht you are trying to do.

If you are trying to do something like this (in pseudocode) :

select lots of rows from a table (1)
for (each row returned)
begin
update a second table based upon the returned row (2)
end

Then you cannot perform operation (2) on the same connection as
operation (1).
You need to open two connections to the database.
I don't know how this is done in sqlrelay. that would be your job to
find out.

If you're not trying to do something like this, then you have not
properly finished processing all the rows of a query, before submitting
a second query.

Again, I am not familiar with sqlrelay or its API's, so I can't tell you
how to *fully* process the results of a command.

Bill