freetds - Re: [freetds] Status & AIX - does it work ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status & AIX - does it work ??
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:04:00 +0000 (UTC)

"ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" wrote:

> > In file included from bsqldb.c:48:
> > /usr/include/regex.h:174: error: conflicting types for `regex'
> > /usr/include/libgen.h:42: error: previous declaration of `regex'
> > /usr/include/regex.h:175: error: conflicting types for `regcmp'
> > /usr/include/libgen.h:41: error: previous declaration of `regcmp'
> > make[2]: *** [bsqldb.o] Error 1
> >
> Fixed in CVS. Old Unix versions define these functions in libgen.h,
> newer in regex.h. It seems that AIX define in two places but with
> different prototypes so I replace regex code using standard C and remove
> regex.h include.

Frankly: I am impressed! Great analysis and fix.
The build runs without hassle, it even does a parallel build with
'make -j 9' but it hangs then it comes to:

./txt2man -P FreeTDS -t FreeTDS -r ./freebcp.txt >.freebcp.1

I'll investigate what's going on at this step. Unfortunately I don't
have a network connection to a Sybase server (ISDN router switched off)
but I can call the 'tsql' binary without getting a segmentation fault
and/or core dump.
I encounter a DB-Library conflict with BerkeleyDB when configuring with
'--enable-sybase-compat' but I as far as I remember this option is
already deprecated, isn't it ?

Martin.