freetds - Re: [freetds] Building freetds-0.63.dev.20041026 with libiodbc-3.52.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chuck Bearden <cfbearden AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Building freetds-0.63.dev.20041026 with libiodbc-3.52.1
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:35:49 -0500

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:22:51 +0200, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT
<frediano.ziglio AT vodafone.com> wrote:

> > Trying to keep my ODBC stuff up-to-date. I have a working
> > freetds-0.62.4 (plus a patch from Freddy) with libiodbc-3.51.2. I am
> > now trying to build a recent snapshot against the current
> > libiodbc-3.52.1. I built libiodbc after configuring like so:

<snippage />
> > (I supply the LDFLAGS and CFLAGS to get FreeTDS to build against the
> > new libiodbc libraries & header files, since the libraries presently
> > in production use are pointed to in ld.so.conf.)
> >
> > The 'make' dies (choking noise of the build appended).
> >
> > I doubtless made some elementary error in building, and I would be
> > grateful for any suggestions or pointers.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chuck
> >

> Fixed in CVS. Some problems related do 64-bit platform changes. SQLLEN
> was not SQLINTEGER. Now should work as expected. Note however that
> 64-bit developers should check deeply ODBC programs. Many attributes
> (like row numbers) changed from 32 to 64 bit. libiodbc did a nice job
> using "typedef long SQLLEN;" to define SQLLEN instead of "#define SQLLEN
> SQLINTEGER" so compiler can emit correct warnings even on 32-bit
> platforms.

Thank you. I'll grab tomorrow's nightly snapshot (I'm assuming it
will have found its way into that one) and give it a try.

Let me say again how appreciative I am of the helpfulness of the
FreeTDS user community and the responsiveness of the developers.

Chuck