freetds - Re: [freetds] $Id and include file

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: entropy AT freetds.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] $Id and include file
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:09:14 -0400

Christos Zoulas wrote:

For gcc you can:

We support vendor compilers too, so I don't think a gcc-specific solution works for FreeTDS.

It would be nice to change the rcsid strings in freetds to $FreeTDS$,
instead of using $Id$.

I never really understood the benefit of this in the NetBSD tree. Can you elaborate on it some more? Why is it a win? Do we all need to hack up our CVS tools to support it, or do recent versions of CVS support it out-of-the-box?

Cheers,
entropy