freetds - Re: [freetds] How to setup freetds to connect to named instance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Al Sheppard <sheppaa2 AT lincoln.ac.nz>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to setup freetds to connect to named instance
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:37:36 +1300

Gidday,

Had just the same hitch a while back, solved it using the port number
that the instance is listening on as each instance listens on a separate
port. How you get that is up to you, but a chat with the admin usually
works wonders.

For example, SQLserver1 defualt listens on port 1433,
SQLserver1\instance1 listens on port 2052 (in our case, I'm not sure if
this is hard and fast), so specify h=SQLserver1 p=2052. Don't use any
referance to the instance name, dosen't make any difference.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Al