freetds - [freetds] Binary columns problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ian Ashley <iashley AT picdar.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Mailing List <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Binary columns problem
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:23:30 +0100

I am having a problem updating binary fields using SQLBindParameter. I use
the following code

char buf[6] = "\x12\x34\x56\x78\x90"

SQLPrepare(stmtHandle, ³UPDATE P_SIMPLE SET P_BINARY = ? WHERE P__URN = 1²,
SQL_NTS)
SQLBindParameter(stmtHandle, 1, SQL_PARAM_INPUT, SQL_C_BINARY, SQL_BINARY,
5, 0, buf, 0, NULL)
SQLExecute(stmtHandle)

Only the first byte of the value at buf gets stored, the remaining 4 get set
to 0.

Again any ideas. I have tried using the BufferLength and StrLen_or_IndPtr
parameters to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
Ian