freetds - Re: RE : [freetds] PHP 4 + Freetds 0.60 + SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: RE : [freetds] PHP 4 + Freetds 0.60 + SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:54:18 +0200

On Sep 13, 2004, at 18:58, Cédric Dumetz wrote:

In fact we use a debian SARGE OS with the 0.61 package for freetds.
I'm not administrator but it seems difficult to updgrade.
So, I would to know if my problem is a known bug or if it's a fonctionnality
evolution.

Your problem reminds me a bit of the "mssql_query() returns boolean when stored procedure returns empty result set" discussion around April 1, 2004.

Bill submitted a fix in
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2004q2/015797.html
and the patch was applied to 0.63 cvs. Not sure if it ever ended up in a 0.62.x release.

You're complaining of returning "1" but I suspect what you are getting is bool(true) as well, which when echoed results in 1. Try var_dump($rs) instead of echo $rs.

A workaround back then was to use PHP's mssql extension instead of the sybase extension.

I guess then it's up to you to choose whichever is more suitable in your situation:
a) upgrade FreeTDS
b) switch PHP extensions
c) add checks in your PHP code

--