freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql segfaults?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql segfaults?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:00:37 -0400

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, "Drange, Bernt Andreas" <bernt.andreas.drange AT imr.no>
wrote:
> I trying to install freetds on a redhat 7.0 system. The setup on this
> box is a bit weird, but I actually managed to compile and install the
> system, so I am a bit surprised to experience segfaults when trying to
> start tsql.

That can happen when you mis-specify the TDS version. Turn on TDSDUMP;
the top of the log will tell you where you're connecting to, and what
protocol version you're using.

> The version of unixODBC that is installed is really old, from 2001

See the README that came with your distribution. As for tsql, of course
it doesn't use ODBC, so that's not the immediate problem.

> Is this all my fault or have I discovered som weird bug? I couldn't find
> any 'system requirements' (regarding unixODBC or the like) on the
> freetds website..

Good suggestion. At least there should be pointer to the README. The
requirements change over time, and the website doesn't attempt to capture
those changes.