freetds - Re: [freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC The saga continues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott Johnson" <scomps AT purplewire.org>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC The saga continues
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:35:53 -0400

I interface with FreePascal via the 'odbcsql' unit that is included with
FreePascal. It is intended to talk with unixODBC. The strange thing was
that I got it all working properly on a test system (RH9) and then set it
all up over again, on a Debian system on the active network at my job. Then
I started getting different failures. On the debian system I had to use
that $LINKLIB directive, but on the RH9 system I didn't. (I copied the
entire codebase for the test application from one machine to the other)

The 'program' I'm using is a slightly modified 'testodbc.pp' example that
came with freepascal. The only modifications originally were to specify the
DSN, passwords etc.

I'll be glad to share what I have with anyone that's interested. The
ODBCsql unit for FreePascal isn't documented very well. It only has the
function definitions, structures, types and constants listed without any
explanation of how they're called or what the return values might be (other
than type)

--Scott