freetds - [freetds] RE: Bug in SQLNumResultCol function?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jun_chen AT bankone.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] RE: Bug in SQLNumResultCol function?
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:20:44 -0400

freddy77,

I replied your email a few weeks ago. Then I went for vacation. After I
came back from vacation, I found out the email got rejected by the list
because of the size of the attached log file. Very sorry about that.

I did that again from the beginning by downloading freetds 0.63 from 7/22
build.

I changed odbcinst.ini as you suggested and also added the following two
lines to freetds.conf:
dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
debug level = 10

After I run the sql command select * from "scProblem"@msticket in Oracle
sqlplus, I got the attached SQL log file:

Oracle support verified the connection was setup correctly. I can run
select * from all_catalog@msticket
and select * from dual@msticket successfully.

Thanks.

Jun

> freddy77,
>
> After I did ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds
> --with-unixodbc=/usr/local/unixODBC as you suggested with the
> following
> configuration in /etc/odbcinst.ini
>
> [TDS]
> Description = FreeTDS v0.63
> Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> Setup = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> FileUsage = 1
> Trace = Yes
> TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log

Section for trace settings should be ODBC, I think your odbcinst.ini
should be

[TDS]
Description = FreeTDS v0.63
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage = 1

[ODBC]
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log
ForceTrace = Yes
Pooling = No

> and /etc/odbc.ini
>
> [peregrine]
> Description = Peregrine MS SQL Server
> Driver = TDS
> Servername = peregrine
> Trace = Yes
> TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log
> ForceTrace = Yes
> Pooling = No
>
> the command isql -v peregrine <username> <password> works fine.
> But the database link msticket in oracle to the MS SQL server
> peregrine
> still doesn't work. I run select * from "scProblem"@msticket
> in Oracle
> SQLPLUS
> and got the error:
> select * from "scProblem"@msticket
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-02068: following severe error from MSTICKET
> ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent
> using SID=%s
> ORA-28509: unable to establish a connection to non-Oracle system

Mmmm... I don't know Oracle, are you sure connection is set ok?

> The log sql.log didn't get created. I also did export
> TDSDUMP=/admin/home/oracle/freetds.log and the file
> freetds.log is empty.

It seems FreeTDS it's not trying to connect...

> I also turned on trace on the database link. Here is the trace from
> Oracle.

It's not clear to me. Try changing odbcinst.ini as specified.

freddy77

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.