freetds - RE: [freetds] Help! Problems building freetds 0.62.4 on solaris9withlibreplacements.la

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Matt Wisner" <mwisner AT reachapps.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Help! Problems building freetds 0.62.4 on solaris9withlibreplacements.la
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:34:25 -0500

James,
Thanks for responding.

Well, between my original post and your reply I moved the FreeTds 0.62.4
package over to a Solaris8 box and did my "configure" and "make" there but
did not do a "make install" . I then tar'd up the entire directory
structure and moved it back to my Solaris9 box where I preceded to do a
"make install".
This probably isn't a "good" way to do this but I had tried everything I
could think of and this was worth a shot.

Anyway, the "make install" back on the Sol9 box based on the files from the
"make" on the Sol8 boxed seemed to work. "make install" completed without
errors but my "tsql" test failed. (Not sure if this because of my test or
the install...)

About this time, James, I saw your email and did a "make clean",
"configure", and "make" back on the Sol9 box as I originally tried. Funny
thing is that "make" did not bomb on libreplacements this time. In fact,
"make" and "make install" ran just fine. Of course, my tsql test still
failed so I'm kinda in the same boat.

>>I would like to solve the libtool problem for 0.63, though, so if you want
>>to help debug this libtool problem, that would be great.

My alterative to getting this working is to write the TDS protocol from
scratch so it would be great for me, too.

Thanks,
Matt