freetds - [freetds] Note on User Guide

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Note on User Guide
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:16:32 +0200

Current Projects
FreeTDS consists of two projects. The FreeTDS C libraries and FreeTDS/
JDBC.

Really ?? I think Java code it's dead...

Languages besides C and Java

(remove Java too)

As of this writing ($Date: 2004/06/28 05:25:27 $), the regular
distribution will not compile on OS X.

Now it compile, patch not required (cause we updated our libtool)

Beyond that, if you do use a number, FreeTDS will ask DNS for that
number's name (a reverse lookup).

Not anymore, if you specify an IP it use the ip.

cross domain login

(configuration) Never used... remove from documentation ??

Microsoft's "Integrated Security"
FreeTDS may be unable to connect to the server. The error message that
appears will be "Login failed for user 'example'

>From 0.61 we support domain logons, perhaps a link to this section it's
better

You can defeat FreeTDS's automatic reverse-DNS lookup feature by
inserting

Already removed in 0.62

freddy77

  • [freetds] Note on User Guide, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 07/15/2004