freetds - Re: [freetds] make fails in macosx 10.3 libtools section

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] make fails in macosx 10.3 libtools section
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:03:07 -0400

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 <nhandy AT assumption.edu> wrote:
> I am getting an error on make in max osx
> 10.3.4. i am logged in as root. i read in the known problems with OSes
> that one line in the libtool should be edited for osx so I think that
> might be my problem. unfortunately, the directions seem to be a bit
> outdated- they say to edit a line that is different in the version I
> have but I did delete out the variable $deplibs after i started getting
> these errors. That did not help.

You're right about the docs being out of date on that point. Patching
libtool was necessary through 0.62.3. With 0.62.4, we switched libtool
versions. I *think* 0.62.4 builds out of the box on OS X, but in any case
the patch you found is not needed. It applies only to earlier 0.62.x
releases.

On July 7, Daniel Fazekas reported the nightly snapshot built correctly.
At the time, that was with version 0.63.dev.20040702.