freetds - Re: [freetds] intermittent empty results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] intermittent empty results
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:12:49 -0400

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:53:53 EDT, Thompbil18 AT aol.com wrote:
> we have no way of knowing of course whether this is a valid return
> status that you might want to retrieve or not, so we do what we do with
> all return status messages - we "manufacture" a result set for the
> return status, and inform ct-library that there is a return status to
> fetch.

David,

"perldoc DBD::Sybase" says:

You can get the type of the current result set with
$sth->{syb_result_type}. This returns a numerical value,
as defined in $SYBASE/include/cspublic.h:

#define CS_ROW_RESULT (CS_INT)4040
#define CS_CURSOR_RESULT (CS_INT)4041
#define CS_PARAM_RESULT (CS_INT)4042
#define CS_STATUS_RESULT (CS_INT)4043
#define CS_MSG_RESULT (CS_INT)4044
#define CS_COMPUTE_RESULT (CS_INT)4045

In particular, the return status of a stored procedure is
returned as CS_STATUS_RESULT (4043), and is normally the
last result set that is returned in a stored proc execu-
tion.

The script in your original posting doesn't use syb_result_type. It might
be just what the doctor ordered. Dr. Bill, that is.