freetds - RE: [freetds] Sybase 4.2 crash

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: brian AT bruns.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Sybase 4.2 crash
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:35:46 -0700 (PDT)

Jim,

I'll put my non-voting shares up for keeping it in the source tree but
perhaps disabling by default (need to pass a --enable-tds42 to
configure or whatever).

But, automatic detection would be best, I agree.

My reasoning goes like this. We occasionally get a user from either
Russia or somewhere in the third world using SQL Server 6.5 on NT
3.51/4.0 on low end hardware. I'd hate to cut these users off just
because we can all afford enough hardware to run SQL 2k. Granted, I
haven't seen one of these on the list in two years maybe, but I'm sure
they still exist. I personally beleive they are all running copies of
the same (legally questionable) software. The old adage that you only
sell 1 copy of a software package to China. ;-)

Brian

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:35:54 -0400, "Lowden, James K" wrote:

> [...]
It