freetds - [freetds] building on solaris

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] building on solaris
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:25:21 -0400

I need a little input from the Solaris folks.

There's a section early in configure.in that sets per-OS default
configuration options. We've had a little trouble with Solaris lately,
because it requires additional libraries to be linked in, and because its
built-in libiconv isn't suitable. I wonder if we should add something
like this to that:

# ------------------------------------------------------------
# Host-specific configuration
# ------------------------------------------------------------
AC_CANONICAL_HOST
netdb_reentrant=no
case $host in
[...]
*-*-solaris*)
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -lsocket -lnsl"
netdb_reentrant=yes
;;
esac

The question is, Is that name pattern correct? The answer lies in what's
reported by "config.guess" in the source distribution. On my box, it does
this:

$ ./config.guess
i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.6

If I wanted to test for that, I'd probably use:

*-*-netbsd*)

If you had trouble linking FreeTDS on Solaris lately, perhaps you could
tell us what config.guess shows? And, while we're at it, what libraries
did you add to your linker flags?

Thanks very much.

Your ever humble maintainer,

--jkl

  • [freetds] building on solaris, James K. Lowden, 06/13/2004