freetds - Re: [freetds] problem about freeTDS installing on solaris, help me

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Magnus Bäck <magnus AT dsek.lth.se>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] problem about freeTDS installing on solaris, help me
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:58:33 +0200

On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 07:59 CEST,
ldai <ldai AT accunettech.com> wrote:

> I download freetds-stable.tgz to install on solaris 8. Succeeded in
> installing. When I try to compile test programe on solaris, I get
> thoes results. I found those messages is about functions which are not
> been supported by solaris.

They are, but you need to link your program with the correct libraries.
Specifically, you're missing libsocket and libnsl, so add "-lsocket -lnsl"
to the linker arguments.

Do not start new threads by replying to old messages in unrelated
threads. It's not that hard work to start a new message and address
it correctly.

[...]

--
Magnus Bäck