freetds - [freetds] Bug in SQLNumResultCol function

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jun_chen AT bankone.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Bug in SQLNumResultCol function
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:04:49 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to use unixODBC and freetds for Oracle Generic Connectivity so
that I
can create database links to MS SQL Server in Oracle 10g database.

I can run the unixodbc command isql -v <MS DB Name> <user name> <password>
to connect to the MS SQL Server and run the sql query succssfully select *
from scProblem.
But the same query select * from "scProblem"@msticket doesn't work by
using the database link msticket of the MS SQL server.
Oracle support verified that the configuration of the db link is fine. I
can run the following queries successfully:
1) select * from dual@msticket;
2) select * from all_catalog@msticket;

Oracle support told me the reason that query select * from
"scProblem"@msticket doesn't work is that known bugs in freetds.
The bugs are:
1) "describe table scProblem" doesn't work in freetd

2) In SQLNumResultCol function, freetds may return something similar to:

[ODBC][22261][SQLNumResultCols.c][233]
Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
Count = ffbed858 -> 0

instead of returning the real number of rows.

when I run the query select * from "scProblem"@msticket.

Could someone verify that? If so, are there any patches for them?

Thank a lot in advanced.

Jun

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.