freetds - [freetds] RPM version different?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Greg Fisher <fisherg AT musc.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] RPM version different?
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:50:52 -0400

Hi,
I have just installed the RPM version (freetds-0.62.1-1.i586.rpm) on my Fedora Core 1 server. Seems to be working fine when I test using "tsql" utility. My question is about setting the environment variable "SYBASE". The documentation and FAQs indicate that the default installation is to /usr/local/freetds, but the RPM install did not create this directory. Where do I point the SYBASE environment variable to? I want to use the CTLIB API. Have I skipped a step along the way? Thanks in advance for your help.

--Greg