freetds - [freetds] obtaining statement type information

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Roger Reynolds <rogerr AT softix.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] obtaining statement type information
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:51:22 +1000

It looks to me like if you have a statement handle,
calling SQLGetDiagField with an argument of
SQL_DIAG_DYNAMIC_FUNCTION_CODE is the ODBC way to find out
what kind of statement it is (insert, select, update, etc...)

Question 1 - is that right?

It looks like freetds 0.62.3 does not implement this function
currently, there's a TODO marker there.

Question 2 - is that right?

I very much would like to be able to determine this information,
if possible after a statement is prepared, and before it is executed
(this is how I do it in the OCI application that I'm porting)

Question 3 - is this possible in any way with freetds?

Thanks for any tips.

roger