freetds - [freetds] Help with chroot jail and FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Deven Phillips <deven AT hcc.hawaii.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [freetds] Help with chroot jail and FreeTDS
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:57:14 -1000

Hi all,

I am using PHP 4.3.6, Apache 2.0.48, mod_security, and FreeTDS 0.62.3
on
Linux Mandrake 10.0. My question is that, through mod_security, I am forcing
Apache/PHP to run in a chroot jail under '/chroot'. When I run the whole
thing in the original root it works fine. When I run it chrooted, I get an
error about an invalid assertion and the httpd thread segfaults. I know that
I need to get the proper files into the chroot jail, including the
freetds.conf and pool.conf, etc.. I have done this as well as copied the
includes, libs, docs, and everything else that I can find that freetds
installs. What am I missing? I've even gone to the extreme of running 'ldd'
against all of the libs and copying their dependent libs into the chroot
(which I didn't want to do). What am I not finding here? Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated.

Deven