freetds - RE: [freetds] odbc unit test failure - earlybind

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Roger Reynolds <rogerr AT softix.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] odbc unit test failure - earlybind
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:32:48 +1000

Hi, I am seeing a failure in the earlybind test program.
The code does this:

SQLBindCol(Statement, 1, SQL_C_SLONG, &id, sizeof(SQLINTEGER),
&ind1);
SQLBindCol(Statement, 2, SQL_C_CHAR, name, sizeof(name), &ind2);

However, the first SQLBindCol is failing, because SQL_C_SLONG is not
supported by SQLBindCol in the conditional TDS_NO_DM section.

This causes both earlybind and transaction tests to fail.
By adding SQL_C_SLONG to that switch, both tests work.

Is using freetds with odbc and no driver manager generally
tested and used?

I think that is how I want to use freetds for my purposes,
where I don't require driver manager features and want a really
simple deployment/configuration scheme.
(I can easily compose the appropriate connection string programatically,
and I have just the one odbc driver to worry about and am happy to link
it at compile time rather than dynamically at run time)

I'll appreciate your thoughts on this...

Thanks

roger