freetds - [freetds] Released: 0.62.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Released: 0.62.3
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:26:47 -0400

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/README
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/freetds-0.62.3.tar.gz

I released 0.62.3 yesterday. I had a new deployment of .2 fail, owing to
the
DONE token mishandling. That at least is fixed now.

--jkl

>From the readme:

db-lib
------

Stored procedures would sometimes appear to return extra results sets.
This stemmed from improper interpretation of the DONE tokens returned by
the server. The "extra" results appeared first, but lacked the expected
metadata, causing dbbind() to fail or causing the application to believe
the
stored procedure had returned no results. Fixed on 4 April 2004.

ODBC
----

SQLExecute was not always returning an error, even when one existed. If a
query batch (or stored procedure) consisted of a SELECT statement followed
by
another query or more, SQLExecute would return SQL_SUCCESS if the first
statement succeeded, even if one the successive statements failed. The
ODBC
standard says that SQLExecute() should return either a failed or
success-with-info status. This has been at least partially remediated;
more
testing is needed.

New application: bsqldb

This application reads queries from standard input and writes results to
standard output, using db-lib. It takes options similar to sqsh/tsql. It
is
intended as a batch processing tool, and as an example of using db-lib.
Sorry,
no man page yet.