freetds - Re: [freetds] Freetds on AIX 5.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freetds on AIX 5.2
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 00:50:30 -0400

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, "Kelley, Keith" <Keith.Kelley AT experian.com> wrote:

> checking for char... yes
>
> checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char),
> 77
>
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> I have looked through the config.log but, I am not sure what I am
> looking for so, I would appreciate any pointers.

Silly old configure, playing like it doesn't know the size of a char!
Pshaw!

What you're looking for, I think, is whether configure even found the
right compiler. I would guess that it tried to compile a little test
program that returns sizeof(char) and failed.

By way of comparison, my system doesn't support gethostbyname_r(3), and my
config.log has:

configure:10568: checking for which type of gethostbyname_r
configure:10600: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -D_FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE
conftest.c >&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:10653: storage size of `data' isn't known
configure:10603: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #line 10574 "configure"
[etc.]

You should see something like that for sizeof(char).

The answer to your question is, yes, FreeTDS runs on AIX. I don't know
what version. Brian Bruns tested 0.62 before it was released.

If you want to, post the whole config.log or send it to me.

HTH.