freetds - [freetds] SQLServer Performance Probs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrea Pagano" <apagano AT iontrading.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQLServer Performance Probs
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:48:57 +0100

Hi All!
I work for a company which has several db. I need to extract some data from
a SQL server db and publish it on the web (PHP)
I set up a test environment in order to test the freetds, put I'm
experiencing huge performance problems.
That's what I did.
- A PHP script which extract data from the same table (one on a SQL Server
system and another one on a mySQL sys), using a SQL server connection will
take more than 10 time the same which extract the same data on the MySql
System
- I tried to run that query on the query analyzer and the result was really
fast...
So the problem I guess is related to the apache web server, but not
completely, because I use the same sever and the same client to run both
scripts...
PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks!