freetds - Re: [freetds] dbrpcsend fails (works now, BUT THERE IS MORE)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbrpcsend fails (works now, BUT THERE IS MORE)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:46:10 -0500

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, "Polyanovskyi, Sasha" <sasha.polyanovskyi AT oa.com.au>
wrote:
> I've changed the code to the suggested way, now neither case :-)
> (actualy my procedures are a bit different in a number of params that
> get passed)
>
> Suggested way:
> while (dbresults() != NO_MORE_ROWS)
> {
> process columns...;
> process return status...;
> process results;
> }

You have certainly found a bug. The suggested way should work, and won't,
because our rpc implementation is out of spec. It partly works, but it
clearly doesn't really work. I'm going to try to fix that.

Thanks for the additional test cases. If you want to speed things along,
make the rpc.c unit test more comprehensive.

Regards,