freetds - RE: [freetds] SQLDescribeColumn and tds_next_placeholders_ucs2le

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] SQLDescribeColumn and tds_next_placeholders_ucs2le
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:23:20 +0100

> Hi!
>
> I am using FreeTDS-0.62.1 with iODBC.
> Setup is done with ODBC-only configuration in odbc.ini
> in users home directory.
>
> I found that SQLDescribeColumn returns incorrect size of the GUID
> column. It should be 36 but returned only 16. Thats a half of the
> string. if I use SQLGetData I can get around that problem and read
> values without binding, but it would be nice if above problem with
> SQLDescribeColumn could be fixed.

I think it's SQLDescribeCol. SQLDescribeCol do not return the char
representation, it return type length, so 16 it right. You should use
SQLColAttribute(SQL_DESC_DISPLAY_SIZE) to get display size.

> Another problem I have is in tds_next_placeholders_ucs2le.
> When I have a query string without terminating ";" at the end
> SEGMENTATION FAULT happens in above function. I could not yet
> determine
> where exactly a problem is.

Fixed in CVS. A problem with " termination.

> Please let me know if you need some more info from me.
> I have got a core dump from my program. Don't know if it will be
> any use for you.

It depends from platform :). If platform is Linux/i386 you can send core
and binary program and we can know where it fails.