freetds - RE: [freetds] Re: Installing FreeTDS on MacOS X Panther - Solution

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re: Installing FreeTDS on MacOS X Panther - Solution
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:21:09 +0100

> On Mar 12, 2004, at 2:24, Dmitri wrote:
>
> > I've been looking around the net for a while, and could not
> find any
> > useful info about installing FreeTDS on the Mac (OS X.3.2),
> at least
> > no info that worked or was easy to apply.
>
> Most people use the simple workaround as discovered by John
> Gilmore-Baldwin and now also mentioned in the documentation
> since 0.62:
>
> https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2003q4/014249.html
>
> It's actually pretty easy to apply and doesn't require you to install
> new libtool.
>
> > 3. Go to your freetds dir and run "./configure --disable-libiconv
> > --disable-odbc"
>
> There should be no need to disable libiconv support on Panther. It
> works well with the iconv supplied with it.
>
> ODBC should also compile and build fine. Getting it to work though is
> another question. ;)

I really don't understand... I tried current CVS with SourceForge
compile farm
- RedHat 9 machine
# cd freetds
# mv CVS ..
# rm -rf
# mv ../CVS
# cvs update /Pd
(just to make sure I have a clean copy)
# sh autogen.sh --help
(to generate build tools)
- Mac OS X machine
# mkdir mac
# cd mac
# ../configure --disable-odbc
(odbc seems to have problems on Mac OS X due to weird installed DM
version)
# make 2> errors.txt
# cat errors.txt

mkdir doc
mkdir doc/freetds-0.63.dev.20040312
mkdir doc/freetds-0.63.dev.20040312/reference
mkdir doc/freetds-0.63.dev.20040312/userguide

(no errors)

# cd src/apps
# ./tsql
./tsql
locale is "C"
using default charset "ISO-8859-1"
Missing argument -S or -H
<password> ] [ -I <config file> ]
tsql -C
(it loads... no problem)

I know... I'm always lucky...

>From RedHat machine

# autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
NO
PURPOSE.
# automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey AT redhat.com>.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
NO
PURPOSE.
# libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.3 (1.922.2.111 2002/10/23 02:54:36)

(not so recently...)

freddy77

  • RE: [freetds] Re: Installing FreeTDS on MacOS X Panther - Solution, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 03/12/2004