freetds - Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Invalid cursor state error
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:37:36 -0500

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004, Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe AT osss.net> wrote:

> Lowden, James K wrote:
> > I ran into a similar problem, cf. "ODBC returns spurious errors"
> > yesterday.
> > I came up with the attached patch; please tell me how it works for
> > you.
>
> I applied the patch to the source and recompiled. It doesn't seem to
> have any effect at all.

Could you send a log file of a test case, please? One working and one
rejected insertion would be good. I realize you'll get two error
messages, only one of which is valid (and the second is probably
misinformation, too).

There should be enough information in the log to help determine what's
happening. I know Frediano has a correct fix in mind, but I'd like to get
single-statement insertions working dependably, if possible.