freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLRowCount failing after prepare and execute

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLRowCount failing after prepare and execute
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:45:49 -0500

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, "Matthew A. Davis" <azami AT speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > delete, insert and update have the same behavior... if you use
> > SQLPrepare with sql server you are not able to get row count.
>
> it works with every ODBC driver and database we've used, including SQL
> Server on Windows. And, in the freeTDS log, I can see rows_affected
> being set to the correct value during DONEINPROC

I think he's got you there, Freddy! ;-)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbcsql/od_odbc_p_3ysl.asp

You might have been thinking of the note at the bottom:

Note If SET NOCOUNT ON has been executed, multiple statements embedded in
a stored procedure do not create multiple result sets as they should. Row
counts generated by SQL statements inside a stored procedure are ignored
by the driver.