freetds - [freetds] Pool Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dustin Marquess" <dustin.marquess AT algx.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Pool Server
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 21:35:00 -0600 (CST)

All,

Now that the pool server has TDS 5 support, I thought I'd give it a try.

I downloaded the lastest snapshot from the web page, compiled everything,
and installed it. When I run tdspool, the server shows 20 tdspool
connections, great!

Now I take one of our DBD::Sybase scripts and point it to the pool server,
no go. It just hangs. Looking at the TDSDUMP output, FreeTDS never gets
out of tds_process_login_tokens(). It appears that the pool server's
pool_user_login() function doesn't send a valid login token that FreeTDS
wants. Is this a known problem?

Thanks!
-Dustin

  • [freetds] Pool Server, Dustin Marquess, 02/08/2004