freetds - [freetds] Connection -> MsSQL-2000 does not work anymore

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alain Barthélemy <cassandre AT bartydeux.be>
  • To: freetds <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connection -> MsSQL-2000 does not work anymore
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:20:33 +0100

FreeTDS-0.61
Apache-2.0.48
PHP-4.3.4
Using db-lib librairies

Weird problem.

Last Week no problem to have a connection to the MsSQL Db.

(TDSVER=8.0)

<?php

$dblink = mssql_connect($Host, $User, $Pass);
if (!$dblink) {
echo "Unable to connect to the Database at this time<br>\n";
}

?>

Now I have "Unable to connect to the Database at this time"

and I don't know why!

Now I made an experiment. I added the line:
putenv("TDSPORT=1355");
where port 1355 is the wrong port number.

and I have now the lines:

Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: 192.168.*.* in file.php
on line 223
Unable to connect to the Database at this time

Thus I have now one more error line.

For me it means one thing: the connection is OK but I have only a problem
reading the database (problem I did not have last week). The error message is
unfortunately too scarce and I don't know where the problem lies (and I am not
the administrator of the MsSQL database).

Where could lie the problem and how can I check the connection externally if
someone knows?

I repeat that I had no problem connecting last week and I did not change
anything to my own configuration.

Thank You

--
Alain Barthélemy