freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds 0.62 / vms / iconv

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds 0.62 / vms / iconv
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:27:16 -0600

At 10:24 AM +0000 1/21/04, Chris Sharman wrote:
>I've got the following ICONV files, which seems to be enough for the vms
>configure to use them, but tsql then crashes (below), I believe because it's
>failing to find the required UTF8 file. Building on Alpha VMS 7.3 to access
>MS SQL server 2000, using TDS80, no ODBC. Fiddling the [vms]configure.com
>procedure to ignore the iconv files and replace them worked around the
>problem.

Chris,

See

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2004q1/015234.html

where I pointed out that I had failed to check for UTF-8 conversions
as well as UCS-2 and supplied a patch to do so. Sounds like you have
a workaround but you could also install the missing files.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."
Brad Leithauser