freetds - RE: [freetds] Install FreeTDS with Linux Redhat 7.3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <sekson.t AT somboon.co.th>, "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Install FreeTDS with Linux Redhat 7.3
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:57:33 +0100

> Hi there,
>
> I'm so new with FreeTDS and unixODBC, I need the instruction
> for how to
> install and config both of them to run without GUI, by the
> way, I want to
> use php which is running on Linux box to connect to SQL
> Server 2000. Could
> anyone help me for this instruction ?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

1- download stable version from site (www.freetds.org)
2- read che userguide from distribution
3- compile it (you can use "rpmbuild -ta freetds-0.62.1.tar.gz" to build
RPMs files)
4- install it
5- configure
6- work with PHP

Naturally you have to have unixODBC and unixODBC-devel packages
installed...