freetds - RE: [freetds] anyone using freetds with PHP ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'valen AT tuatha.org'" <valen AT tuatha.org>, 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] anyone using freetds with PHP ?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:47:11 -0500

I'd look into why SHORT isn't defined.

$ grep -n SHORT include/sybdb.h |grep typedef
117:typedef short SHORT;
118:typedef unsigned short USHORT;

I've never compiled PHP, but I would expect that it needs to use our sybdb.h
if it's to employ the mssql extension.

Your change is probably wrong, because sizeof(SHORT) != sizeof(int) on most
machines, including i386. But it also looks harmless to me, because
dbsetmaxprocs() accepts a SHORT parameter (which is weird). The compiler
can't pass 32 bits in a 16-bit argument, and the cast won't change the
low-order bits.

Unless MS_SQL_G() returns -1 or zero. In that case, our dbsetmaxprocs()
should return FAIL, but doesn't check. That would be worth fixing.

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.