freetds - [freetds] Connecting from Oracle to a basic Sybase CIS-like server.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Daragh Fitzpatrick" <Daragh AT UChicago.edu>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connecting from Oracle to a basic Sybase CIS-like server.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:31:47 -0600

Hi,

We are trying to access a server (Sirius Janus SDS) on the mainframe
that is pretending to be a Sybase CIS/ASE. We can connect to it fine using
open client and another Sybase server, but we are having problems connecting
from Oracle Open Transparent Gateway and the Direct Connect ODBC driver:
they are sending unexpected queries (as far as SDS is concerned).

Please see following from the server log:

select @@version
SYBMSG(41101,15,1) Unable to process language request from Sybase Server.

use omnipro set textsize 2147483647
SYBMSG(41101,15,1) Unable to process language request from Sybase Server.
[connection terminates]

My question is: does the freetds odbc driver issue a 'use database' command?
Is it configurable to be more palatable to the SDS server?

Cheers,

:D

P.s. Freetds.org is down, btw.

Daragh Fitzpatrick Daragh AT UChicago.edu (773) 702-8976

Solutions Architect NSIT Administrative Systems
Renewal Projects and Architecture University of Chicago
Let contacts update themselves - http://www.Plaxo.com

  • [freetds] Connecting from Oracle to a basic Sybase CIS-like server., Daragh Fitzpatrick, 01/14/2004