freetds - [freetds] Moving the resultset pointer

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steven Orton <sorton9999 AT usa.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Moving the resultset pointer
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:55:04 -0500

Hello,

I have a technical question that pertains to random access of the rows in a
multirow resultset.
First of all I am using freeTDS-0.62.dev.20031218 with the 0.2.3 version of
ODBC++ (freeodbc) and using TDSVER=7.0 on a RH9.0 client getting at a
SQLServer 7.0 DB.

I get an exception when trying to create a ODBC++ statement which will give
me a resultset with a moveable cursor while using the freeTDS driver. If I
use a different driver, it works (i.e. I get no exception creating a random
access resultset).
My question is, Can one create a random access multirow resultset using the
TDS API. If that IS possible, I can try to update my ODBC++ library (since I
think this is a unsupported library at present).

Thanks for any input,
steve---

Steven Orton
sorton9999 AT usa.net
--
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute,
and it seems like an hour.