freetds - Re: [freetds] Status: bcp

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Status: bcp
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:07:15 -0500

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
wrote:
> Huh? There's an entire class of informational messages with severity
> class EXINFO. Are we talking about the same thing?

We're talking about the same thing, yes.

> It's perfectly legitimate for an error handler to return INT_CANCEL and
> expect the program to continue doing what it was doing before. The
> semantics are strange, but it's the correct behavior.

On what theory "perfectly legitimate", maestro?

All I'm saying is I can't find anything that tells me under what
circumstances a db-lib handler can return INT_CANCEL and expect the
calling function to proceed unaffected. The docs say unequivocally the
calling function will return FAIL.

I agree with you that we have to be bug compatible, so if behavior strays
from documented behavior, the implementation governs. I'm happy to defer
to your experience; I'm just trying to get it right.