freetds - RE: [freetds] Status: bcp

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Status: bcp
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:44:18 -0500

Bill, thanks very much for looking into this.

I added a bcp unit test. I wrote most of it yesterday, and this morning it
works. Or, rather, it fails. It's late where you are, so you'll probably
wait until tomorrow to have a look, at which point it should be in the
snapshot. Maybe even working, who knows?

The difficulty atm is bcp_batch(). If I send 10 rows followed by
bcp_done(), all is well. If I say "bcp_batch(dbproc); bcp_done(dbproc)", I
get all kinds of trouble.

BTW, I recoded _bcp_get_term_var(). It can't return -1, because it doesn't
know where the end of the data is. The best we can do is detect an overflow
in bufpos, in which case we're hosed anyway, so I just assert. Chances are
we'll segfault before we even get that far.

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.