freetds - Re: [freetds] Charset conversion routines!!!!

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Charset conversion routines!!!!
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:49:00 -0500

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, "David Nsengiyumva" <davidn AT finsolutions.co.za> wrote:
> I got the latest source codes for FreeTDS 8 and It seems that there are
> character conversion routines that I don't understand. I just want to
> know that if I am trying to access MS SQL Server 2000 what caracter set
> must I set to the 'connect_info->client_charset'.
>
> I've tryied several settings but It does not work. Is there any
> documentation about it???

David, did you get a useful answer? I don't know if the issue was
resolved.

You shouldn't need to muck with any of the iconv internals, and the
initialization is quite hairy, in order to cope with the variety of
implementations out there.

There is no "latest source codes for FreeTDS 8", and your log shows 0.60.