freetds - [freetds] Missing feature or Bug ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <mas AT plesnik.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Missing feature or Bug ?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:07:07 +0100

Hello,
just in case anyone is interested .... I got quite far with OpenOffice
and FreeTDS/ODBC. I can 'view' my datasources ('F4'), browse the
servers and doubleklick on one of my Sybase servers' tablenames.
After a few seconds a message window opens:

[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Implicit conversion from datattype 'CHAR' to
'NUMERIC' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query.

This only happens with some of the tables

sql.log.gz and freetds.log.gz are attached - in case they might be
useful. I don't have any idea if this is a bug in FreeTDS or a mistake
when creating the respective tables. Server is 11.0.3.3 ESD#6 on Linux,

Martin.