freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC connection problems with the latest nightly ( 12102003)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nathaniel Talbott <nathaniel AT talbott.ws>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC connection problems with the latest nightly ( 12102003)
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:13:30 -0500

On Dec 10, 2003, at 10:59, Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:

Nathaniel,

looks more like a straightforward configuration issue to me.
the freetds login/connect code can't find a valid entry for your server to
derive an IP/Port

can you unset TDSDUMP and set TDSDUMPCONFIG ?
that should tell us what's going on...

Well, I would've thought that too, except I just rolled my FreeTDS installation back to the version I was using before (11302003) and it works fine now. Nothing changed between working and not working except the version of FreeTDS. Of course, now I'm using the older version of FreeTDS, so I can't immediately try it with TDSDUMPCONFIG, but I'll try to do that in the next little while.

Thanks,

Nathaniel

<:((><