freetds - Re: [freetds] tds_money_to_string conversion oddity

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig A. Berry" <craigberry AT mac.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tds_money_to_string conversion oddity
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:13:52 -0600

At 3:18 PM +0100 12/7/03, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

>No, usually on 64bit long is 64bit... The only 64bit platform that do
>not have a native C int 64 is windows... you know, compatibility
>problems...

Just FYI, OpenVMS Alpha and Itanium also default to 32-bit long ints
and also for compatibility reasons, in their case with VAX. My guess
is Mac OS X would do a similar thing on the G5, but I don't know.

>IMHO sprintf should not be used and code for old platforms should be
>rewritten... however I don't really know if other money code in
>convert.c work for such platform... Do anyone know a test platform I can
>use or just can do some tests for me?

What qualifies as an "old platform" in this question? I.e., what
particular feature tests are we talking about that would exercise the
code you haven't been able to test?
Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry AT mac.com

difficult than getting in."