freetds - RE: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 11, Issue 13

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 11, Issue 13
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:30:02 -0000

David,

In database terms, after you have issued your select command, and retreived
the 1st row of data, the rows have all been "fetched" from the database.
ct_fetch() is basically just reading from the wire from then on.

You can do an array fetch (i.e. retrieve many rows into variable arrays with
one fetch command) with ct_fetch().

Bill