freetds - Re: [freetds] reference.tgz

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] reference.tgz
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:45:20 -0500

On 3 Dec 2003 14:17:02 GMT, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de>
wrote:
> Hello,
> since quite some time 'make install' of the CVS tree tries to install a
> file called 'reference.tgz'. But this file does not exist anywhere in
> thre tree
> Would anyone please make the appropriate change either to the
> 'Makefile.am' or to the '.cvsignore' ?

Hi Martin,

reference.tgz is produced by Doxygen and is the beginning of our FreeTDS
Reference Manual. Most of libtds and all public calls for db-lib are
done. Version 0.62 will install it in $PREFIX/share/doc/freetds.

It would be nice if someone using CVS could do "make install" and not get
a complaint about reference.tgz. (You don't get a complaint if Doxygen is
installed.) One of these days. It's not easy to describe conditional
dependencies in a Makefile.

I think for the time being you could copy the distribution's reference.tgz
to your CVS workfile directory. You'll get a '?' from CVS but otherwise
it might work.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,