freetds - [freetds] Can I read a dbf file?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vijoy Varghese" <viijv AT thedifferenZ.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Can I read a dbf file?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:55:15 +0530

Hello Friends,

I have successfully installed FreeTDS on a MacOS-X and using DBD::Sybase, I
was able to read from a MSSQL database. But now, I want to read a .DBF/Xbase
file on the remote WINDOWS machine. Is there is anything that I can do using
FreeTDS?

Will creating an ODBC DNS entry that will point to access .DBF file be of any
help? Do you guys know any other solution to read a .dbf on a windows machine
from a Mac?

TIA
Vijoy Varghese

  • [freetds] Can I read a dbf file?, Vijoy Varghese, 12/03/2003