freetds - Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase 1.01 & FTDS 0.62-dev & temp tables

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jerry Grooms <grooms AT uky.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase 1.01 & FTDS 0.62-dev & temp tables
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:39:20 -0500 (EST)

Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it> writes:

> Try enabling TDSDUMP... note that iconv stuff is not yet
> finished. Current source is quite stable but require GNU
> iconv or no iconv...

Yes, HPUX has a bundled iconv. Are you saying that if an iconv is
being used other than Gnu iconv that might cause problems at the
present time? I don't recall I specifically enabled iconv use; is
the default to use or not to?

> I don't know state of HP/UX 11 iconv
> but this can be the problem... We use a lot of temporary
> table in our tests and I don't have all these issues. Note
> however that server (I don't know type and version...) retry
> "Invalid object name '#proj_totals'" so it seem query arrived
> correctly but table do not exists. Looking at previous email
> ("dropped connection, I think") seem that DBD::Sybase try to
> open a concurrent connection automatically... this can be
> another problem... You can't see temporary table from another
> connection!!

I'll look that over and try to get a TDSDUMP; maybe Michael Peppler
can give us a hint if there's something not so obvious in the
connection setup.

thanks.