freetds - RE: [freetds] Read UNIVARCHAR field from Sybase 12.5.1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Read UNIVARCHAR field from Sybase 12.5.1
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:52:36 +0100

Yes and not. LONGBINARY coding is a bit different from IMAGE/TEXT. I
like Sybase coding. They use extensively usertype. LONGBINARY just tell
"wire is coded in such way" while usertype tells how to interpret this
type (binary, univarchar, etc). So future versions know how to skip
strange future data (like XML, composite column, etc).

An old patch sended in ML handle LONGBINARY/LONGCHAR.

freddy77